Another company, called Hurricane Party, grounds its location-based service much more in the real world. However, its CEO and cofounder, René Pinnell, also complains that “social media is so antisocial these days,” and says he wants to facilitate real social interactions between friends. Hurricane Party is an iPhone app to help friends get together spontaneously, and it aims for that goal more directly than Foursquare, which can produce get-togethers as a by-product of checking in. Pinnell says that his service focuses on showing users events that are happening in their area within the next 24 hours.
- Global Mentors: When Should Founders Focus on Company Culture?
- From Participant to Facilitator: An Interview with Leo
- 3 Day Startup launches Egyptian Creatives into Global Economy with Checkpoint Program
- Hybrid Learning: Adapting 3 Day Startup’s Model to the Future of Education
- 3DS Running Austria to Austin Exchange for a 4th Year!