Director of Development
The entrepreneurship experience unique to 3 Day Startup programs helps participants realize their value: In themselves, participants discover their talents and mindsets for value creation. Around them, they uncover customer needs and learn to build products and services that address these opportunities. Our alumni have formed over 150 startups to grow and sustain this value.
To date, 3DS has partnered with over 120 universities, a few foundations, and state and national governments to deliver entrepreneurship experiences to participants. Our programs play key roles in a variety of entrepreneurship ecosystems, bring together diverse and inclusive groups, and spur immense startup impact. We see great opportunity to codify and grow our fundraising efforts around these past successes, so we aim to grow our partnerships into more substantive and scalable impact.
3DS already generates sustainable earned revenues, so strategically, our development goals involve strengthening and scaling the impact of our programs. The primary fundraising sources we are pursuing include grants (foundation, government, and possibly research), individual giving (major gifts, board growth, and giving campaigns), and events (e.g. 3DS Global Roundup conference)
We seek an experienced and entrepreneurial development director to help us grow 3DS impact by realizing a more traditional nonprofit fundraising engine. The ideal candidate has experience planning comprehensive fund development activities and rolling them out. This position is extremely entrepreneurial: it will involve planning and testing innovative fundraising approaches, and fostering growth as these efforts unfold.
- Formalize and execute 3 Day Startup’s annual fundraising strategy and plan
- Research potential grant funding and develop proposals
- Collaborate with programs team to collect and evaluate program delivery metrics
- Bolster and steward ongoing relationships with board members, major donors
- Manage and produce reporting for secured funding (e.g. government, research grants)
- Establish and roll out plans for annual giving campaigns and events
- BA required, MA plus
- 5+ years experience in development with emphasis on higher ed, entrepreneurship education, and/or academic fund raising experience
- Possess knowledge of and existing relationships with Austin and Texas community funders
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills (bonus for entrepreneurship experience)
If you are interested in applying for this position, email us (email@example.com) the following:
- Your resume
- 1 paragraph description of why you are a good fit for the position
- 1 paragraph description of your motivations for getting involved
Salary range: $55-75k