Director of Programs and OperationsJoin the 3 Day Startup Team to for an exciting opportunity optimizing external and internal operations to allow us to make the highest impact with emerging entrepreneurs and changemakers all over the world.
3 Day Startup specializes in equipping students with the skills they need to start companies and make outsized change in their communities. Through a 3DS program, participants transform into entrepreneurs with the confidence, motivation, and know-how to be successful. And in their success, 3DS participants grow economies, create jobs, and solve problems in communities all over the world.
Joining the 3DS team will put you right in the thick of that journey. With us, you will experience new countries and cultures, meet amazing entrepreneurs and innovators, and inspire students to turn their vision into a reality. You will gain first-hand experience with numerous startup opportunities, new technologies, and experiments testing the limits of caffeinated entrepreneurs. Our crew is headquartered in Austin. Come join us!
Role: We seek an experienced Director of Programs and Operations for a mid-level position. This person is responsible for overseeing program management with clients and various initiatives to support the internal health and efficiency of the organization.
Purpose: This position is charged with optimizing external and internal operations for the highest organizational impact.
- Programs (60%)
- Supervise and support program managers to ensure quality control, compliance, and client satisfaction
- Lead program expansion through outbound and inbound prospecting
- Report on program impact metrics and sales on a regular basis and suggest improvements
- Stay up-to-date with curriculum improvements and provide support to clients and program managers
- Oversee the collection and protection of participant information
- Purchase facilitator travel and accommodations
- Manage invoicing process to ensure customers pay on time
- Handle the rolling facilitator recruitment and training process
- Review and sign off on all standard licensing agreements and keep CEO up to date on any deviations
- Operations (40%)
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives, apply improvements, and adequately train the team to comply
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process for new employees and interns
- Handle the organization’s bookkeeping and reconciliation process
- General office management (such as replenishing supplies, booking rooms, updating weekly team doc, organizing team celebrations, etc.)
- Assist CEO with quarterly session planning
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., facilitation)
- 3-4 years of operations experience in a nonprofit or startup environment
- Ability to see the big picture vision on a project as well as all the little details that make it come to life
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Crisp communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work autonomously with a strong focus and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple, varying projects simultaneously
- Excitement about entrepreneurship, startups, and university-level education
- Reliable laptop computer and smartphone
At 3DS we place great value on our team and we are very protective of our culture. This will not be an easy or fast hire. The evaluation process will involve an “audition” (a deliverable so we can get a sense of your work product) and 2-4 interviews to fully understand your hunger, ability to contribute, and willingness to grow in a challenging work environment.
Salary & Benefits:
Generous paid time off
Flexible remote work
Downtown Austin office & parking