Director of Curriculum Development and AssessmentJoin the 3 Day Startup Team to for an exciting opportunity optimizing external and internal operations to allow us to make the highest impact with emerging entrepreneurs and changemakers all over the world.
3 Day Startup specializes in equipping students with the skills they need to start companies and make outsized change in their communities. Through a 3DS program, participants transform into entrepreneurs with the confidence, motivation, and know-how to be successful. And in their success, 3DS participants grow economies, create jobs, and solve problems in communities all over the world.
Joining the 3DS team will put you right in the thick of that journey. With us, you will experience new countries and cultures, meet amazing entrepreneurs and innovators, and inspire students to turn their vision into a reality. You will gain first-hand experience with numerous startup opportunities, new technologies, and experiments testing the limits of caffeinated entrepreneurs. Our crew is headquartered in Austin. Come join us!
Role: The Director of Curriculum Development and Assessment is responsible for 1) development, editing, quality control, and production of curricula, 2) managing, training, and growing the 3DS facilitator network, and 3) assessing/evaluating program curriculum impact.
Purpose: This position is charged with building scalable standard and non-standard 3DS curriculum for participants, facilitators, and key stakeholders (i.e., mentors, panelists, organizers). Additionally, this position is responsible for evaluating the 3DS curriculum to ensure its achieving intended results.
Note: Curriculum is defined as the totality of student experiences that occur in the educational process, and for 3DS includes slide deck presentations, corresponding materials (podcasts, blog posts, etc.), the playbook, entrepreneur resources, educational application components, success kit, etc.
- Develop, refine, and evaluate all 3DS curriculum
- Create curricular goals and outlines for new curriculum and curriculum updates
- Ensure the standardization of curriculum and instruction across all programs
- Coordinate the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that offerings are meeting intended objectives and requirements
- Research and consult with stakeholders in the design and development of new curriculum
- Use evaluations and data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula on a quarterly basis
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn best practices in curriculum development
- Manage, train, and grow the 3DS facilitator network
- Prepare select facilitators to teach standard and non-standard, high-level program offerings
- Create instructional material for participant use and develop outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction
- Develop marketing materials and writeups on new program offerings, curriculum updates, and strategic partnerships
- Attend conferences and meetings to promote program and mission to stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-4 years of experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Background in the development and delivery of best-in-class methods for in-person facilitated education and online learning
- Experience with curriculum assessment and evaluation methodologies
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Crisp communication skills (written and spoken)
- Creative and strategic skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong focus and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple, varying projects simultaneously
- Excitement about entrepreneurship, economic development, and international collaboration
- Excitement to work in the middle of downtown Austin, with reliable transportation
- Reliable laptop computer and smartphone
At 3DS, we place great value in our team and we are very protective of our culture. This will not be an easy or fast hire. The evaluation process will involve an “audition” (a deliverable so we can get a sense of your work product) and 2-4 interviews to fully understand your hunger, ability to contribute, and willingness to grow in a challenging work environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- $57,000, depending on experience
- Healthcare stipend
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible remote work
- Downtown Austin office
- Downtown parking
- Travel opportunities