Government Grants ManagerJoin the 3 Day Startup Team to for an exciting opportunity optimizing external and internal operations to allow us to make the highest impact with emerging entrepreneurs and changemakers all over the world.
3 Day Startup specializes in equipping students with the skills they need to start companies and make outsized change in their communities. Through a 3DS program, participants transform into entrepreneurs with the confidence, motivation, and know-how to be successful. And in their success, 3DS participants grow economies, create jobs, and solve problems in communities all over the world.
Joining the 3DS team will put you right in the thick of that journey. With us, you will experience new countries and cultures, meet amazing entrepreneurs and innovators, and inspire students to turn their vision into a reality. You will gain first-hand experience with numerous startup opportunities, new technologies, and experiments testing the limits of caffeinated entrepreneurs. Our crew is headquartered in Austin. Come join us!
Role: The Government Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing and generating government grants as well as stewarding 3DS’ international development strategy.
Purpose: This position is charged with building process and efficiency into 3DS’ growing government grant development efforts. Additionally, this position will strategically utilize the 3DS network to help the organization expand internationally.
- Grant Management (60%)
- Manage government grant writing, proposal submission, and administration
- Brainstorm and develop engagements with the CEO to ensure proposals and awarded grants fit the strategic direction of the organization
- Oversee compliance on complex grants and accuracy in budget management, reporting, documentation, and evaluation
- Identify new government grant funding opportunities and provide prospective funders with supporting documents about international engagements
- Strategic Development (30%)
- Create theory of change frameworks for government grant engagements to ensure programs are achieving economic and workforce development outcomes
- Represent 3DS at conferences and meetings to promote program and mission to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships and collaborations with key international stakeholders, and connect 3DS network to key stakeholders
- Support general development efforts including but not limited to non-government grant writing, conference proposal submissions, facilitating workshops for clients
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., program facilitation) (10%)
- 2-3 years of government grant writing and management experience
- 1-2 years of program/project management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of nonprofit administration
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Crisp communication skills (written and spoken)
- Creative and strategic skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong focus and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple, varying projects simultaneously
- Excitement about entrepreneurship, economic development, and international collaboration
- Excitement to work in the middle of downtown Austin, with reliable transportation
- Reliable laptop computer and smartphone
At 3DS, we place great value in our team and we are very protective of our culture. This will not be an easy or fast hire. The evaluation process will involve an “audition” (a deliverable so we can get a sense of your work product) and 2-4 interviews to fully understand your hunger, ability to contribute, and willingness to grow in a challenging work environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- $50,000, depending on experience
- Healthcare stipend
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible remote work
- Downtown Austin office
- Downtown parking
- Travel opportunities